Sunday, April 17, 2016

Lowell 50, April 2016

One of the main factors in this race was the weather. The race started in sun with temps in the 30s with a stiff west wind. By mile 24 we here headed into a snowstorm with dropping temps. While the roads never were frozen, I spend a lot of time in a pace line which I attempted to hold together as we were in the open areas of the last half of the race.

The other factor was that I really didn't feel that well. All week I felt winded and light-headed with any exertion such as climbing a flight or two of stairs. Must be fighting off something. Felt the same on the initial major climb which is the steepest and longest one of this race. Seems like an average speed of about 14.5 mph is the best I can do this spring.

Finished 101/162 overall at 14.52 mph. 14/29 in my age category. The only photos of interest I took were a before and after of my bike, which was very muddy at the end, due to the wet roads.





No comments:

Post a Comment