Friday, July 26, 2013

Why I Like Donald Duck


Donald Duck is my favorite Disney character. Others may like the sweet goodness of Mickey Mouse, but Donald always makes me laugh. Short-tempered, out of control, and even a little selfish, but always fully enthusiastic. He is basically a Duck on the Edge. And maybe that's why I like him, because I think life is meant to be lived on the edge. Where we need to rely on God's power and all the resources He provides to us: all of our wits, energy, intellect, chutzpah-everything.

So it is in that spirit that I prepare for my week-long tour with Sea to Sea. I leave here tomorrow morning. Thanks to everyone who made this possible by donating to the cause and who will be staying behind at the Inn. I hope to be on the edge as I bike, camp, and spend time with fellow bicyclists.

What's funnier than a Donald Duck cartoon? A German Donald Duck Cartoon:





No comments:

Post a Comment